Monday 12 January 2009

housing crisis of a personal kind

With the housing crisis hitting full strength in the UK, I thought this was a good time to start searching for the ideal property to consider my first owned home (I must be mad). So we have begun trawling primelocation searching for the ideal home in north west London, looking in the local newspapers and so on and so on.

During this whole process, what has amazed me most is how many people have their stories to share when giving advice on finding your first property. Its as if this is one of those milestones that everyone has been through and its makes you suddenly relatable to everyone. In some ways it is lovely to hear your grandad tellling stories of his first home which cost £6,000 or my uncle's story about how he made friends with the owner and pandered to owner's need for a substitute son and daughter.

However, as the stories keep coming, primelocation emails keep being sent and estate agent keep calling, I am coming to the realisation that sometimes there is just getting too much information. After only a month of searching i am already tired of the stories and the emails and the calls.

I know this is only the start and my opinion is bound to change, but at the moment it feels a little like information overload.

That's all for now, see you on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment